Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Busy Summer Days

A demon lord of Nurgle
Wow! Yesterday was busy and productive! Got one of the cars fixed after a trip to "pick-a-part", BBQ'd some lunch, got yard work done, cleaned and worked in my garage and of course got some models done up and even managed to see the new Angelina movie SALT. (predictable but fun)

Front view
I am attaching one of my Demon lords of Nurgle to this post. Yes he knows he is a handsome beast.

Consists of the old rock troll body, several tenticles from the mutations sprue, a standard for a head (maybe thats where his massive ego is from?) and a chain with a skull. I believe thats also a standard bearer item.

Champion and rude Git

The next few shots are of what I have been working on. Anyone following the thread, please let me know what you think of the two colors of Goblin robes. My plan for these little guys is to have the light grey and light brown robes scattered throughout the army. I want it to look like the robes are sun faded and ratty. I also like that while not completly unified, it retains the similar look that looks great in completed armies. All the wepons and metalics will be rusty. The skin tones are very bright and green. I've seen alot of faded more realistic skin tones lately, but I can't bring myself to use them for the goblins.

Little drummer boy
The next photo is of a Marauder musician. He is using his mutated appendage as part of his instrument. I think he looks pretty good. The skin tones are pretty good, maybe not really smooth, especially in the picture, but I love how the arm turned out and his nose area. Looks like he has either a cold or its irritated due to the nose having fallen off recently.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers, Bard


4 comments:

  1. Hey Bard,

    Just wondering what your using to rust the goblin blades.

    For my Necrons I'm using a dry brush of Tin Bitz and highlighting the parts with Darkflesh and a wash of Scorched Brown....any pointers on what colours I should be using?

    Oh..... I see why your calling him a rude git!:)
    LOL

    Take care,

    Duke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Duke!
    To give my Gobs a worn and filthy appearence I am using one of my favorite paints: Vallejo: Smoke. I usually water them down and repeat layer until I achieve a concentration I am happy with.
    If its actual rust you are going for, I have had good results using Vallejo Parasite Brown followed by spot application of GW Fiery Orange. The other method I have started playing with are powders. Check this site out, and the book is Fantastic too! http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies
    hope this helps,
    Bard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the colours for your Goblins' cloaks are great, both of them. The grey's my favourite, but I think both fit together nicely.

    The Little Drummer Boy's really nice, great idea, and if you don't mind, I might steal it in the future - though I must admit I tend to give my musicans horns to blow, when possible..

    As to the Daemon, I think the conversion is great, but the green is a bit too "clean"; the more faded and browntintet greens you used on the Knight, is more Nurgle in my eyes. Then again, I've always struggled to like Nurgle, so might just me, hehe.

    Nice to follow your blog, with all these steady updates. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steal Away! Yea the Demon is an oldie, but I still get a kick out of him. I have a GW Nurgle demon in storage that I will paint at some point. I really love the Forgeworld ones though. Wouldn't mind having the one with a gun for a left hand.

    ReplyDelete