Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

White Primer Hates Me

Here I was all excited to start painting! I assembled 10 of the awesome new demons and made some nice bases for them and then primed them with a brand new can of white. Needless to say, after you look at the pictures, you will understand why they are in a vat of "simple green" getting a bath to strip the primer.
Here is what I did to start, and will continue with when I re-start the models with a surefire army painter bone colour primer later this week.
New Bases. A darker stone to contrast with the yellows of the plaguebearers.
More later in the post. Including colour choice pictures and the mounting frustration that comes from trying to paint using a garbage primer. I wonder why so many issues have come from using these primers? Was it too humid? Was this simply another garbage can of primer? If anyone has any ideas i'd love to hear them. 
10 P.B assembled and ready to be primed.

A friend decided he was never going to paint these...THANK YOU!

Primed...maybe I can still paint over the garbage primer??

Added some flesh colors, things still aren't looking good though...getting more disapointed at this point.

A comparison from my original test model. The colours are close, but things are still not right.

You can see the graininess...it is masking a lot of detail. I am going to leave this guy as is and compare him to the now bathing PB unit.
Bard

1 comment:

  1. In a nutshell, BRUSH ON.

    Allways.

    Try brush on vallejo primmers (they come in a variety of shades from white to black, different greys, red, green...) They auto level and shrink, you won't bave to worry about brushstrokes.

    Trust me. I'm the lazyest person in the solar system and yet it takes few seconds to prime this way. It took me longer using spray cans and results were less homogenic.

    ReplyDelete